Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Chevron Design Dress

There have been lots of chevron inspired items shown around in crafty blog-land.  I am hooked!  I love it!  Which leads me to this dress!  Well, actually, this fabric!  I was in my local fabric store with my girlfriend and we stumbled upon this fabric! LOVE! LOVE!  It's lycra/streatchy/cool = COMFORTABLE .  We need cool here in this Arizona heat during the summer! It's also a great fabric to travel with because it doesn't need to be ironed and it hangs nicely!

So on to the dress!  Once I purchased the fabric I had this McCall's pattern M5893 just sitting in my craft room waiting to be used!  I think it's a good match!


This is a picture of the neckline.  The neckline was supposed to be a plain hem.  I decided to add some extra fabric and put a little loop to hold it in place.   

 
Easy, breezy, and comfortable!  What do you think? 


7 comments:

  1. Very cute! The decorative touch around the neck line really make the dress!

    ~JamieS@ Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice job! it looks very comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute! I love the neckline detail. i need a dress like this for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable! It looks so perfect for summer weather . . . breezy and comfy and cool! I love it!

    Rachel @ Maybe Matilda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful dress.... love the neckline design

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is super cute! I love the neckline design

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just wanted to let you know I featured this over at Blissful and Domestic today. Stop by and grab a button.

    www.blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete