Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Patriotic Wreath Tutorial

I am starting to get that patriotic decorating feeling! And I'm loving pinwheels!  Saw this wreath idea over here at Tales of a Trophy Wife.  Once I saw it I knew I had to make one for my front door!!


Here is a close-up look at the pinwheels which I made from fabric.  They are soooo easy to make! 


Here's how to make it:

You will need:  

Wreath form of your choice
Coordinating Fabric of your choice 
Glue (I used glue gun)
"Stiffy" Fabric Stiffener


To cover the wreath - cut the fabric in 2" width and wrap it around your wreath form, gluing as you go. 

To make the pinwheels - cut your fabric into squares (I made mine 4X4 and 3X3).  Once you have these cut out, apply Stiffy Fabric Stiffener as directed.  Let the fabric dry, then use an iron to press flat.    Then put the squares back to back and stitched around the edges and an "X" in the middle.  If your fabric is the same color on both sides (like the red) you can skip placing them back to back. Then cut in about 2" from each corner.  Next, fold in to the center the tip of every other cut corner of the pinwheel.  (Do you know what I mean?) Stitch or glue in place. You can then add additional decorations if desired! 

I added the little pennant banner.  Just biased folded the fabric, cut triangles and stitched them.

You are going to see more pinwheels around here...like I said "I'm loving them!!!" (sing-song voice)

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I love this!!! I also love your book page wreath. So cute and so talented!!!
    following you now
    ladeedacreations.com

    ReplyDelete